Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Get Ready With Me - Ganesha Chathurthi Festival

Hello there,

Today's video is on the look that I wore on Ganesha Chathurthi. It is a hindu festival celebrated in the honor of Lord Ganesha on Shukla Chathurthi (4th day of the first fortnight) in the month of Bhadrapada (according to the hindu calendar), which is during the months of August or September according to the Western Calendar.

This festival is celebrated in all parts of India and is very close to my heart for a lot of reasons:

a. I LOVE Lord Ganesha. He is my favorite and someone I talk to about anything, be it good or bad.
b. This is the festival that is celebrated on a large scale at home. ;) My entire family is at home and we eat, pray and enjoy together. :)
c. The fooddd...!!! ;) you get to eat a lot and have a lot of options to choose from. The most common being Kadabu (in Kannada, my mother tongue) or Modak, which is a sweet dumpling and is also Lord Ganesha's favorite sweet. I tried my hand in cooking these scrumptious delicacies  for the first time, some minor bloopers ;) but, my husband had raving reviews and for me, his reviews count. Yayy.. ;)

Kadabu prepared by me.


This year was a little different as my husband and I celebrated it in the U.S. It was the first year we celebrated this festival together as a family and also, in a different country. The down side to it was that we missed our families back home. However, visiting my aunt that evening made us feel a lot better.


This was what I wore to my Aunt's place that evening. 

If you want to know how I created this look, take a look at the video:





Products I used to create this look:

Moisturizer: Aveeno Clear Complexion, Daily Moisturizer
Primer: Colorbar, Perfect Match Primer
Concealer, on eye lids: M.A.C. Studio Finish – NC 42
Eyes: Tanjore Rush by Lakme, India
Liquid Eye Liner: Lakme 9 to 5, Black Impact Liner
Mascara: Maybelline Pump Up, Colossal Volum’ Express
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for combination/ oily skin - shade - 360 Golden Caramel
Gel Liner: Maybelline Eye Studio, Charcoal Charbon
Concealer for face: L’Oreal True Match in the shade W 4-5
Setting Powder: M.A.C. Studio Fix – NC 40
Bronzer: L’Oreal True Match, Super Blendable Powder – cool.fraid
Brow Pencil: NYX Micro Brow Pencil Shade: MBP08 – Black
Highlight: Tanjore Rush by Lakme, India
Make up setting spray: MAC Fix Plus



Brushes I used:

Face:

BS-MALL Premium Synthetic Kabuki Flat Angled Brush – Foundation, Concealer 
BS-MALL Premium Powder Brush – Setting Powder
ELF Mineral Powder Blush Brush - Bronzing the face
ELF Blush Brush - Highlight

Eyes:

SOHO Brushes –Blending Brush - on the crease
BS-MALL Premium Synthetic Blending Brush – to set the concealer on the eyes
SOHO Brushes - on the lids

ELF Crease Brush – on the inner part of the lid

Outfit Details:

Saree: A gift by my mom-in-law
Jewellery: A gift by my mother in law again




Festivals are what bring families together. It is the time to eat, enjoy and also let God know that it is not just today we are thankful for but, we thank him everyday for everything he has given us.

Do share your festival specials with me...:) :)

For business enquirers, my email id is: samyukta.suren@gmail.com

Follow me on:
Instagram: samyuktasurendra
Twitter: samyusuren1490
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/samyukta.suren 




No comments:

Post a Comment