Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Victoria’s Secret – Lip Stain.



I was browsing through Victoria’s Secret in London and it did not take too long for this beauty to catch my attention. She was there; shining bright and I could not resist and had to bring her home. I’m not sure of what you are thinking of; I was talking about the Lip Stains available at Victoria’s Secret. :)

Lip Stains - Victoria's Secret 

The description provided for this product on their website is:
“Get lust-worthy lips and glossy color that lasts with the lip stain you know and love, now with a sleek, new look. This stain provides long-lasting vibrant color with a touch of shine. Keep one in every purse for on-the-go lip perfection.”

The first lip stain I got my hands on was ‘All night long’, in the year 2012. The appearance of the product then, was a little different. Recently, I purchased another two shades (Eternal Flame and Stay Awhile) from the same line. As stated in the description, the lip stain has a new look now! This product retails at $10 individually, 2 for $15 and 4 for $20. However, I got these stains during a sale and paid $20 for four different beauty products at VS. This was a steal. ;)





The first time I tried these lip stains on, it felt more like a gloss. I thought this worked like any other gloss until I discovered that though the gloss dries away, the color still remains. This product literally stains your lips and that is exactly what I wanted it to do. :) The glossy effect lasts for about two hours whereas; the stain (color) remains for another four hours. Once the gloss dries away, the product does not transfer. The stain remains intact. This comes in a thin 7ml (0.23 fl oz) tube which makes it travel friendly and also easy to take it around with you, every day. These stains smell and taste so good. Yes, I did eat a little while trying them on and it caused me no harm. ;) Disclaimer: I’m not suggesting or asking you to taste it. What happened to me was an accident. :) These stains smell like candies and that lasts for quiet sometime.

Swatches in the Gloss Form .
Stay Awhile is a Light pink shade
Eternal Flame is a dark red shade
All Night Long is a Purple shade with a red undertone to it 
Swatches after they dry

This product has a thick and sticky formula; it literally feels like gum on the lips. However, once the glossy effect is gone and only the stain remains, it feels like you have matte lipstick on. I like this product more once it’s dry. I’m not too impressed with it when in the gloss form. The shades Eternal Flame and All Night Long appear darker in the tube than when applied. Though they appear as different shades in the gloss form, once dried they look the same (the colors are very similar). Stay Awhile is a light pink shade and looks more like a clear gloss when applied. I have always tried these stains without a lip liner and am not sure as to how they would work with a liner. My favorite shade is Eternal Flame which is a dark red color.

Lip Swatches - Gloss Form

Lip Swatches - Dry/Stain form.


Though these stains have a few cons, I will definitely purchase them again as they are convenient to use on a daily basis and more importantly, they do not dry my lips, even after the gloss fades away. I have always felt that the Victoria’s Secret beauty line is underrated. I have not heard a lot of people talk about their products. I have tried a few from their beauty line and if not loved, at least liked most of them.   

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Where do you buy them? I can’t find them anywhere e Dept amazon for $25!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete